Students go on rampage after 1 injured in accident
Barabanki: An engineering student was
seriously injured after a speeding jeep hit him, triggering
protests by his college mates who went on a rampage and
damaged several buses, police said on Saturday.
Uttkarsh, a second year student at Agar Institute here,
sustained serious injuries after being hit by a jeep
yesterday, they said.
No arrest has been made so far in connection with the
case, police said.
Meanwhile, agitated over the accident, students of the
private engineering college went on a rampage and damaged
several buses. They also blocked the national highway, they
The situation was later brought under control by police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok