Students hold demonstration at Aligarh Muslim Univ
Aligarh: A group of students at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) today held a demonstration against "growing lawlessness on the campus."
Demanding immediate arrest of those involved in the shooting of a research scholar on September 17, the students asked for immediate steps to check "growing lawlessness."
Mohammad Noor Ain, a PhD student of History, was seriously injured when he was shot while coming out of a university building in the campus.
Meanwhile, police has lodged a named FIR against three people in the case- Mohammad Salman, a student of Diploma in Engineering, Owais Akhtar, a former AMU student, and Imran Ali, a youth hailing from neighbouring Bulandshahr district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!