Students hold demonstration at Aligarh Muslim Univ
Aligarh: A group of students at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) today held a demonstration against "growing lawlessness on the campus."
Demanding immediate arrest of those involved in the shooting of a research scholar on September 17, the students asked for immediate steps to check "growing lawlessness."
Mohammad Noor Ain, a PhD student of History, was seriously injured when he was shot while coming out of a university building in the campus.
Meanwhile, police has lodged a named FIR against three people in the case- Mohammad Salman, a student of Diploma in Engineering, Owais Akhtar, a former AMU student, and Imran Ali, a youth hailing from neighbouring Bulandshahr district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Coimbatore: PM Narendra Modi unveils 112-foot tall bust of Lord Shiva
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's remark on terrorists
- DNA: Why depression cases are increasing rapidly in India?
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- Pune Test: Virender Sehwag could have saved India from embarrassment, says former Aussie stars
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...