Students hold demonstration at Aligarh Muslim Univ
Aligarh: A group of students at the Aligarh Muslim University (AMU) today held a demonstration against "growing lawlessness on the campus."
Demanding immediate arrest of those involved in the shooting of a research scholar on September 17, the students asked for immediate steps to check "growing lawlessness."
Mohammad Noor Ain, a PhD student of History, was seriously injured when he was shot while coming out of a university building in the campus.
Meanwhile, police has lodged a named FIR against three people in the case- Mohammad Salman, a student of Diploma in Engineering, Owais Akhtar, a former AMU student, and Imran Ali, a youth hailing from neighbouring Bulandshahr district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Exclusive interview with APJ Abdul Kalam’s aide Srijan Pal Singh
- Russian aircraft Mi-28 crashes during an aerobatics show
- Shravan month begins, devotees throng Shiva temples
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security
- Manbir Kaur becomes first Sikh girl in Pakistan to top Class 10 exam
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers