Students kill coaching institute owner in Aligarh district
Lucknow: The owner of a private coaching institute was shot dead Thursday by his students over a dispute related to fees in Uttar Pradesh`s Aligarh district, police said.
Shekhar, 35, was shot dead in Ravankila area, over 300 km from here. Twelve people have been booked.
The victim forcibly took possession of some students` books to force them to pay the fees of Rs.2,000, police said.
After an argument, the students pelted stones at his house and fired at him killing him on the spot, Senior Superintendent of Police Piyush Mordia told IANS.
After shooting Shekar, the accused threw acid on his brother Ajay and mother Nandita, police said.
A police complaint has been registered against students Akash, Ravindra and 10 others.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- If India was intolerant, then Kiran Rao wouldn't have married Aamir Khan: Baba Ramdev
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split