Students of B.Ed, B.PED injured in lathicharge
Lucknow: A number of students were on Monday
injured when the police resorted to lathicharge to prevent
them from `gheraoing` Vidhan Bhawan to demand their
appointment as teachers in primary schools.
The B.Ed and B.PEd passed students from across the
state gathered near Vidhan Bhawan to hold protest demanding
their appointment as teachers in primary schools.
Raising slogans against the state government, when
the students tried to move ahead they were prevented by the
police leading to stone pelting by them and subsequent
lathicharge by the police injuring a number of students.
Heavy police force has been rushed to the spot and
senior district and police officials are trying to
control the situation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata