Students of B.Ed, B.PED injured in lathicharge
Lucknow: A number of students were on Monday
injured when the police resorted to lathicharge to prevent
them from `gheraoing` Vidhan Bhawan to demand their
appointment as teachers in primary schools.
The B.Ed and B.PEd passed students from across the
state gathered near Vidhan Bhawan to hold protest demanding
their appointment as teachers in primary schools.
Raising slogans against the state government, when
the students tried to move ahead they were prevented by the
police leading to stone pelting by them and subsequent
lathicharge by the police injuring a number of students.
Heavy police force has been rushed to the spot and
senior district and police officials are trying to
control the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details