Students of B.Ed, B.PED injured in lathicharge
Lucknow: A number of students were on Monday
injured when the police resorted to lathicharge to prevent
them from `gheraoing` Vidhan Bhawan to demand their
appointment as teachers in primary schools.
The B.Ed and B.PEd passed students from across the
state gathered near Vidhan Bhawan to hold protest demanding
their appointment as teachers in primary schools.
Raising slogans against the state government, when
the students tried to move ahead they were prevented by the
police leading to stone pelting by them and subsequent
lathicharge by the police injuring a number of students.
Heavy police force has been rushed to the spot and
senior district and police officials are trying to
control the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed