Students of B.Ed, B.PED injured in lathicharge
Lucknow: A number of students were on Monday
injured when the police resorted to lathicharge to prevent
them from `gheraoing` Vidhan Bhawan to demand their
appointment as teachers in primary schools.
The B.Ed and B.PEd passed students from across the
state gathered near Vidhan Bhawan to hold protest demanding
their appointment as teachers in primary schools.
Raising slogans against the state government, when
the students tried to move ahead they were prevented by the
police leading to stone pelting by them and subsequent
lathicharge by the police injuring a number of students.
Heavy police force has been rushed to the spot and
senior district and police officials are trying to
control the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions