Students protest forces AMU VC to shift from campus
Aligarh: Agitating students at Aligarh
Muslim University continued their sit-in outside the Vice
Chancellor`s residence, forcing him to shift outside the
Vice Chancellor P K Abdul Azis has not entered his
house since last night as the students demanding restoration
of the students` union have been squatting in front of the two
gates leading to the Vice Chancellor`s lodge, thus preventing
him from entering the house.
The residents of VM Hall and Habib Hall had yesterday
boycotted their afternoon meal and placed food items in huge
metal containers in front of the gates of the lodge, where
some students are on indefinite hunger strike since early this
The Vice Chancellor has now shifted to the Exhibition
grounds government guest house where he spent the night,
University officials said.
According to a statement issued by the university, the
Vice Chancellor continues to stay at the government guest
The students are demanding restoration of their union,
which was dissolved in 2007, and the removal of senior
University officials whom they blame for rusticating more than
150 students during the past three years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why