Sub-divisional magistrate attempts suicide in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) attempted suicide by shooting himself in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district on Saturday morning, police said.
Rajiv Gupta, the SDM of the Maant Tehsil, shot himself in his official residence in Mathura, about 300 km from here.
"He (Gupta) used his licensed revolver to shoot himself. He is critically injured and being treated at the district hospital," police sub-inspector RP Pal told reporters in Mathura.
According to police, prima-facie it appears to be a suicide attempt.
"Preliminary investigations indicate it was a suicide attempt. However, we will be in a position to comment anything further only after completing the enquiry. In assistance with senior district administration officials, we are investigating into the case," said Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'