Sub-divisional magistrate attempts suicide in Uttar Pradesh
Lucknow: A sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) attempted suicide by shooting himself in Uttar Pradesh`s Mathura district on Saturday morning, police said.
Rajiv Gupta, the SDM of the Maant Tehsil, shot himself in his official residence in Mathura, about 300 km from here.
"He (Gupta) used his licensed revolver to shoot himself. He is critically injured and being treated at the district hospital," police sub-inspector RP Pal told reporters in Mathura.
According to police, prima-facie it appears to be a suicide attempt.
"Preliminary investigations indicate it was a suicide attempt. However, we will be in a position to comment anything further only after completing the enquiry. In assistance with senior district administration officials, we are investigating into the case," said Pal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Is it Hardik Patel in this viral MMS Sex Video?