Sugar mill worker commits suicide; GM booked
Badaun (UP): An employee of a sugar mill,
who had been staging a sit-in to protest non-payment of salary
since the past year and a half, allegedly committed suicide by
consuming a poisonous substance, police said on Saturday.
Police have registered a case of abetment of suicide
against the general manager of the sugar mill K K Srivasatav
after Ved Prakash Gupta, in a suicide note, blamed him for his
taking the extreme step.
Gupta along with other 29 temporary employees of
employees of the kisan sahkari sugar mill, Shekhupura, which
had been running in loss since the past several years, had
been sitting on dharna for the past 46 days near the
Gupta, who had been employed with the mill since the
past 20 years, left the dharna for his house in Nai Sarai
locality last night and on the way consumed poison, police
said adding that he was rushed to district hospital where he
In the suicide note addressed to the district
magistrate which was recovered from him, Gupta has blamed
Srivasatav for his suicide following which a case has been
registered against him under section 306 of the IPC, police
Gupta has also stated that he was not able to provide
proper medical treatment to his wife and himself and was
forced to change residence very often because of his poor
financial condition, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon