Sugar stock to be verified at all mills in UP
Lucknow: In a bid to check illegal purchase
of sugarcane by mills, the state government has directed cane
development and excise departments to verify stocks of cane,
sugar and molasses or raw sugar at all mills in Uttar Pradesh,
an official spokesman said.
"The government has directed to conduct regular raids and
verify stocks of sugar at all mills in the state in the
current crushing season," he said.
The spokesman said some mills were purchasing cane from
the farmers at low rates by offering immediate cash payment.
"Such tactics are not only causing financial loss to the
farmers, but are also resulting in loss of commission for cane
committees and tax to the Centre and the state," he said.
He added that during joint inspection by cane and excise
department teams detected molasses in excess quantity at
Brijnathpur and Simbhawali mills in Ghaziabad, Khaikheri in
Muzaffarnagar and Deoband in Saharanpur.
In Brijnathpur sugar mill 13,839 quintal raw sugar was
"Action had been taken against all these mills under
Molasses Control Act and Essential Commodities Act," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Baba Ramdev's Patanjali enters big retail with Future Group tie-up
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?