Sugarcane crops burnt in Muzaffarnagar
Muzaffarnagar: The sugarcane crops belonging to five cereal farmers was burnt by unidentified men in Purbaliyan village of the district, police said here on Friday.
The incident took place yesterday when 30 bigha of sugarcane crops was burnt, they said.
Five farmers Mohammad, Alijan, Farooq, Azad and Irfan lodged an FIR against unidentified miscreants alleging that the accused set their crops on fire at riot-effected Purbaliyan village under Shapur police station of the district.
Three persons were killed earlier this week when violence erupted afresh in Budhana area of Muzaffarnagar district.
Communal violence broke out in September in Muzaffarnagar district in which 62 people died and about 40,000 people were rendered homeless.
- Uttarakhand forest fire: Director of Delhi's Fire Dept to visit hill state today, govt to press MI-17 choppers; at least 6 dead
- First phase of NEET examination today as Supreme Court says allow exam to be held
- Andhra Pradesh to become first 'Open Defecation Free' state
- SC, ST promotions: Shivraj Singh-led government to move Supreme Court
- Bombed Brussels airport departure hall to reopen today