Sultanpur: Revenue official`s family not to perform last rites in protest
Sultanpur: The grieving family of the
revenue official, who was allegedly killed by a BSP MLA over
election rivalry, Wednesday refused to perform his last rights and
staged protests demanding immediate arrest of the legislator.
The family members of Ram Kumar Yadav staged dharna
in his native village this afternoon with the body, refusing
to perform the last rites till the arrest of the MLA who along
with eight others was named in the FIR for allegedly abducting
and later killing the revenue department official.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi joined the
agitating family members of Yadav in Majhwara village today.
Yadav`s wife was contesting for the post of village
head in the panchayat polls. His body was recovered near
Simrauna village yesterday. An FIR was filed against nine
persons, including BSP MLA from Isauli, Chandrabhadra Singh.
Locals yesterday went on rampage and torched three
vehicles over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional