Sultanpur: Revenue official`s family not to perform last rites in protest
Sultanpur: The grieving family of the
revenue official, who was allegedly killed by a BSP MLA over
election rivalry, Wednesday refused to perform his last rights and
staged protests demanding immediate arrest of the legislator.
The family members of Ram Kumar Yadav staged dharna
in his native village this afternoon with the body, refusing
to perform the last rites till the arrest of the MLA who along
with eight others was named in the FIR for allegedly abducting
and later killing the revenue department official.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi joined the
agitating family members of Yadav in Majhwara village today.
Yadav`s wife was contesting for the post of village
head in the panchayat polls. His body was recovered near
Simrauna village yesterday. An FIR was filed against nine
persons, including BSP MLA from Isauli, Chandrabhadra Singh.
Locals yesterday went on rampage and torched three
vehicles over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj