Sultanpur: Revenue official`s family not to perform last rites in protest
Sultanpur: The grieving family of the
revenue official, who was allegedly killed by a BSP MLA over
election rivalry, Wednesday refused to perform his last rights and
staged protests demanding immediate arrest of the legislator.
The family members of Ram Kumar Yadav staged dharna
in his native village this afternoon with the body, refusing
to perform the last rites till the arrest of the MLA who along
with eight others was named in the FIR for allegedly abducting
and later killing the revenue department official.
UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi joined the
agitating family members of Yadav in Majhwara village today.
Yadav`s wife was contesting for the post of village
head in the panchayat polls. His body was recovered near
Simrauna village yesterday. An FIR was filed against nine
persons, including BSP MLA from Isauli, Chandrabhadra Singh.
Locals yesterday went on rampage and torched three
vehicles over the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand