Supplier alleges non-payment of dues for Maya statues
Lucknow: A Rajasthan-based supplier has alleged that he was duped of Rs 3.05 crore in payment of stone and statue work done at BSP supremo Mayawati`s residence and three memorials.
A complaint in this regard has been lodged with the Gomti Nagar police.
In the complaint, Ram Autar Saini has alleged that he was not paid Rs 3.05 crore for work on stones and statues at the former chief minister`s Mall Avenue residence and three memorials, police sources said.
Saini alleged that he installed 20 big statues, seven medium-sized statues at Mayawati`s residence and the BSP office, besides doing the boundary wall and flooring.
The supplier alleged that while the entire work was of Rs 6.21 crore, he was paid only Rs 3.16 crore.
Meanwhile, police on Tuesday arrested a contractor, who carried out electrical works at memorials.
Bhupendra Agarwal, was given a contract of Rs 47 crore for supplying electrical goods.
The contractor allegedly supplied Delhi-made products in the name of export quality goods.
Agarwal`s partner Sunil Kumar Gupta had lodged an FIR against him of duping Rs 1.32 crore at Chinhat police station in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Assembly elections: BJP likely to announce its first list of candidates for UP, Uttarakhand
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre