Supplier alleges non-payment of dues for Maya statues
Lucknow: A Rajasthan-based supplier has alleged that he was duped of Rs 3.05 crore in payment of stone and statue work done at BSP supremo Mayawati`s residence and three memorials.
A complaint in this regard has been lodged with the Gomti Nagar police.
In the complaint, Ram Autar Saini has alleged that he was not paid Rs 3.05 crore for work on stones and statues at the former chief minister`s Mall Avenue residence and three memorials, police sources said.
Saini alleged that he installed 20 big statues, seven medium-sized statues at Mayawati`s residence and the BSP office, besides doing the boundary wall and flooring.
The supplier alleged that while the entire work was of Rs 6.21 crore, he was paid only Rs 3.16 crore.
Meanwhile, police on Tuesday arrested a contractor, who carried out electrical works at memorials.
Bhupendra Agarwal, was given a contract of Rs 47 crore for supplying electrical goods.
The contractor allegedly supplied Delhi-made products in the name of export quality goods.
Agarwal`s partner Sunil Kumar Gupta had lodged an FIR against him of duping Rs 1.32 crore at Chinhat police station in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!