Supplier alleges non-payment of dues for Maya statues
Lucknow: A Rajasthan-based supplier has alleged that he was duped of Rs 3.05 crore in payment of stone and statue work done at BSP supremo Mayawati`s residence and three memorials.
A complaint in this regard has been lodged with the Gomti Nagar police.
In the complaint, Ram Autar Saini has alleged that he was not paid Rs 3.05 crore for work on stones and statues at the former chief minister`s Mall Avenue residence and three memorials, police sources said.
Saini alleged that he installed 20 big statues, seven medium-sized statues at Mayawati`s residence and the BSP office, besides doing the boundary wall and flooring.
The supplier alleged that while the entire work was of Rs 6.21 crore, he was paid only Rs 3.16 crore.
Meanwhile, police on Tuesday arrested a contractor, who carried out electrical works at memorials.
Bhupendra Agarwal, was given a contract of Rs 47 crore for supplying electrical goods.
The contractor allegedly supplied Delhi-made products in the name of export quality goods.
Agarwal`s partner Sunil Kumar Gupta had lodged an FIR against him of duping Rs 1.32 crore at Chinhat police station in October last year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?