Supreme Court notice to Centre, UP
New Delhi: The Supreme Court on Monday issued notice to the central and Uttar Pradesh governments on a plea seeking the quashing of Shashank Shekhar`s appointment as the state`s cabinet secretary which has been pending before the Allahabad High Court.
Notice was also issued to Shekhar.
An apex court bench headed by Justice HL Dattu issued notice after senior counsel Abhishek Manu Singhvi pointed out that the matter was pending in the high court since 2009 and Shekhar took two-and-a-half years to respond to the notice by the court.
The apex court was appraised that the transfer petition was pending before it when it inquired how could a plea on the same issue be before the high court and the apex court as well.
The petitioner, HC Pandey and an NGO, had moved the high court in 2009 and subsequently the Supreme Court.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of terror attacks in Baramulla and Kupwara
- DNA: Farooq Abdullah insults national anthem, talks on phone
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part II
- Should IAS officers express their opinion on social media platform?- Part III
- Have given corruption free govt: Amit Shah on 2 years of Modi raj
- Raghuram Rajan's reappointment as RBI Governor should not be of media's interest: PM Modi
- Can a car headrest be a rescue tool in emergency?
- Peace is a two-way street, remove self-imposed obstacle of terrorism: PM Modi tells Pakistan
- New Zealand plan first day-night Test against England in 2018