Surviving Noida sister responding to treatment
Noida: The condition of the surviving sister in Noida`s horrific case of self-confinement is stable but her blood pressure has not yet stabilised, doctors said Thursday.
While the elder sister Anuradha died, the younger,
Sonali had to be moved into the Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
yesterday as her condition deteriorated.
Doctors at the Kailash Hospital where she is admitted
said her condition was stable and she is responding to
"Her condition is stable and she is on drugs. Her body
is responding to medicines, but her blood pressure was
fluctuating the whole night," a doctor at the hospital said.
Sonali was diagnosed with malnutrition, dehydration
and depression and her blood pressure had fallen.
The two sisters were rescued on Tuesday from their
sector 29 apartment in a very bad condition after a
self-confinement of six months.
Authorities have ordered a magisterial probe into the
circumstances that led to the shocking case of
self-deprivation by the sisters.
Vipin Behl, the brother of the two women who was not
living with them for the past some years, said he had gone to
Bangalore and later shifted to Gurgaon where he is currently
working. Behl said he had transferred the parental property to
the sisters as well as some fixed deposits.
"I had shifted to Bangalore and later came back to
Gurgaon where I am working now. I had transferred the property
in their names. I have also transferred some fixed deposits in
their names," he had said, adding he will take care of his
surviving sister and bear all expenses for her treatment.
Anuradha and Sonali were apparently disturbed since
their father and mother passed away some years back and their
younger brother left them. In the interim period, their pet
dog also died after which they got into a state of depression.
Police had broken into the apartment after being
informed by neighbours and an NGO about the women who had not
come out of their home for the past several months.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble