Suspected honour killing case In UP
Mathura: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 18-year-old married woman and her friend were allegedly murdered in the district, police said Sunday.
Narendra, 22, and Veeru, both residents of Avairni village, were found dead in the fields yesterday, they said.
On the complaint of Veeru`s father Puran Singh, a case of murder was registered against unidentified persons, ASP Anil Kumar Rai said.
Both suffered bullet wound in the forehead region, he said adding, a 325 bore country-made pistol was recovered from the field.
According to the police official, Narendra and newly-wed Veeru went missing since December 31, but their parents did not inform police about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Massive surge in BJP's seats; counting underway
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP closes gap with Shiv Sena in BMC
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM bags 5 seats; counting underway