Suspected honour killing case In UP
Mathura: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 18-year-old married woman and her friend were allegedly murdered in the district, police said Sunday.
Narendra, 22, and Veeru, both residents of Avairni village, were found dead in the fields yesterday, they said.
On the complaint of Veeru`s father Puran Singh, a case of murder was registered against unidentified persons, ASP Anil Kumar Rai said.
Both suffered bullet wound in the forehead region, he said adding, a 325 bore country-made pistol was recovered from the field.
According to the police official, Narendra and newly-wed Veeru went missing since December 31, but their parents did not inform police about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured