Suspected honour killing case In UP
Mathura: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 18-year-old married woman and her friend were allegedly murdered in the district, police said Sunday.
Narendra, 22, and Veeru, both residents of Avairni village, were found dead in the fields yesterday, they said.
On the complaint of Veeru`s father Puran Singh, a case of murder was registered against unidentified persons, ASP Anil Kumar Rai said.
Both suffered bullet wound in the forehead region, he said adding, a 325 bore country-made pistol was recovered from the field.
According to the police official, Narendra and newly-wed Veeru went missing since December 31, but their parents did not inform police about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- LIVE: Jallikattu Bill passed unanimously in state Assembly; violence rocks Tamil Nadu
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog