Suspected honour killing case In UP
Mathura: In a suspected case of honour killing, a 18-year-old married woman and her friend were allegedly murdered in the district, police said Sunday.
Narendra, 22, and Veeru, both residents of Avairni village, were found dead in the fields yesterday, they said.
On the complaint of Veeru`s father Puran Singh, a case of murder was registered against unidentified persons, ASP Anil Kumar Rai said.
Both suffered bullet wound in the forehead region, he said adding, a 325 bore country-made pistol was recovered from the field.
According to the police official, Narendra and newly-wed Veeru went missing since December 31, but their parents did not inform police about it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown