Suspects in researcher`s murder case to be sent to Ahmedabad
Agra: Four suspects in the murder of a 23-year-old research scholar of a private university here will be sent to Ahmedabad for testing to check the veracity of their statements, police said on Sunday.
The decision to send the four suspects in the murder of Neha Sharma, who was found lying in a pool of blood with over a dozen stab wounds all over her body on March 15, to Ahmedabad was taken because they were repeatedly changing their statements, SSP Agra, SC Dubey said.
The highly specialised test would expose the lies in the statements, he said.
The suspects have been identified but not arrested due to lack of concrete proof.
Some days ago, a police team from Jammu, to which place Neha`s family originally belonged, reached Agra following the interest shown in the case by a minister of the Jammu and Kashmir government to see for itself the progress made in the case and to prepare a status report.
In the report it was stated that the private university`s administration did not cooperate in the investigations, a view shared by the Agra police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- Red Corridor to be redrawn - Know how many districts will be taken off Naxalite–Maoist insurgency list
- SC issues notice to Vijay Mallya for not disclosing assets
- Parliament video: Speaker forms 9-member probe panel, asks Bhagwant Mann not to attend House
- Impressed with Narendra Modi; India is in safe hands under his government - Praises by RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- ‘Wanted’ duo Salman Khan – Prabhudheva to team up again?