Suspects in researcher`s murder case to be sent to Ahmedabad
Agra: Four suspects in the murder of a 23-year-old research scholar of a private university here will be sent to Ahmedabad for testing to check the veracity of their statements, police said on Sunday.
The decision to send the four suspects in the murder of Neha Sharma, who was found lying in a pool of blood with over a dozen stab wounds all over her body on March 15, to Ahmedabad was taken because they were repeatedly changing their statements, SSP Agra, SC Dubey said.
The highly specialised test would expose the lies in the statements, he said.
The suspects have been identified but not arrested due to lack of concrete proof.
Some days ago, a police team from Jammu, to which place Neha`s family originally belonged, reached Agra following the interest shown in the case by a minister of the Jammu and Kashmir government to see for itself the progress made in the case and to prepare a status report.
In the report it was stated that the private university`s administration did not cooperate in the investigations, a view shared by the Agra police.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Inside view: Hillary Clinton e-mails reveal what US thinks of India
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah