Suspend Banda SP for impartial inquiry into rape case: Congress
Lucknow: Congress Thursday demanded immediate suspension of Banda SP Anil Das, alleging an impartial inquiry by the CB-CID into rape charges against BSP MLA Puroshottam Diwedi is not possible till he remains on the post.
"If the Chief Minister is serious on ensuring justice to the backward caste girl, who has charged the MLA with rape in Banda, she should immediately suspend the SP," chairman of Congress media cell Vivek Singh said in a statement.
Despite the local court asking to lodge an FIR in this connection, nothing has been done so far by the SP, who is a party in the case, Singh said, alleging official on the pretext of talking to the victim for six hours, threatened her besides offering money to withdraw the charges.
Banda Sadar MLA, Singh, who had met the girl in the jail, claimed that he caught the SP threatening the victim and had also lodged a complaint in the jail register in this regard.
After the girl telling the court about how she had been tormented and victimised by the MLA, there is no other option but to arrest him, the Congress leader demanded.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack