Suspend Banda SP for impartial inquiry into rape case: Congress
Lucknow: Congress Thursday demanded immediate suspension of Banda SP Anil Das, alleging an impartial inquiry by the CB-CID into rape charges against BSP MLA Puroshottam Diwedi is not possible till he remains on the post.
"If the Chief Minister is serious on ensuring justice to the backward caste girl, who has charged the MLA with rape in Banda, she should immediately suspend the SP," chairman of Congress media cell Vivek Singh said in a statement.
Despite the local court asking to lodge an FIR in this connection, nothing has been done so far by the SP, who is a party in the case, Singh said, alleging official on the pretext of talking to the victim for six hours, threatened her besides offering money to withdraw the charges.
Banda Sadar MLA, Singh, who had met the girl in the jail, claimed that he caught the SP threatening the victim and had also lodged a complaint in the jail register in this regard.
After the girl telling the court about how she had been tormented and victimised by the MLA, there is no other option but to arrest him, the Congress leader demanded.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'