Suspended Dasna prison jailer reinstated
Ghaziabad: Suspended Dasna prison jailer O P Katiyar has been reinstated, a senior official said today.
Katiyar was suspended on charges of laxity after a man arrested in an alleged dowry death case escaped from the high-security prison through the toilet window in July.
The accused was rearrested on Sunday by a search team.
Jail Superintendent Viresh Raj Sharma said that Katiyar`s suspension was revoked after a report was sent by jail authorities.
He was reinstated on Thursday, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt