Suspended Moradabad SSP pleads innocence
Moradabad: Suspended for allegedly beating three police followers, former Moradabad SSP Rajesh Modak on Tuesday pleaded innocence and claimed that the employees were actually fighting among themselves, and they cooked up the story to frame him as he had warned them of action.
Modak, while talking to a news agency over phone, also claimed that the injury marks shown by the three followers at a press conference here were actually sustained by them during that clash.
He said without properly going into the matter, local press raked up the issue, which encouraged the complainants and they took up the matter to higher authorities.
Modak said the three followers posted at his residence were found wanting in their duties earlier also and few days back, two senior IAS officers, who had come to meet him, were returned by them after which he had warned these employees.
The former Moradabad SSP had reportedly beaten the police followers posted at his residence last Saturday for not informing him about the visit of SP leader ST Hasan and keeping the leader waiting.
Meanwhile, Hasan has also come out in defence of Modak, claiming that the former SSP did not beat anyone and had only reprimanded the police followers.
Stating that he himself is an eye-witness to the matter, Hasan said he will write to Samajwadi Party supremo Mulayam Singh Yadav to ensure proper inquiry into the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city