Suspension of tainted BSP MLAs a charade: BJP
Lucknow: Terming as "drama" the suspension of
some BSP MLAs found involved in criminal cases, UP unit of BJP
today took a dig at Mayawati, saying if she sets out to expel
`tainted` legislators from the party instead of simply
suspending them, her government would be reduced to minority.
"People such as MLA Shekhar Tewari, who have been
convicted in murder case, have merely been suspended and not
expelled from party even though the BSP claims itself to be
the most disciplined party," BJP spokesman Vijay Bahadur
Pathak told reporters.
"It would have been more befitting for such a tough
chief minister to have dismissed its criminal leaders and
workers from the party," he said.
The BJP spokesman said that the Chief Minister was
apparently forced to rest with just the suspension of such
legislators, as "she was aware that the majority of her
ministers and MLAs are criminals and if she sets out to expel
them her government would be reduced to minority".
Pathak termed the action against tainted BSP MLAs and
ministers as mere "drama" to improve the party`s image before
the upcoming assembly elections.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world