Tainted Noida CEO removed on High Court order
Lucknow: Acting on an Allahabad High Court order, the Uttar Pradesh government on Wednesday transferred tainted Chief Executive Officer Noida Sanjeev Saran and placed him on wait list.
CEO Greater Noida Rama Raman has been given additional charge in place of Saran, an official spokesman said here.
In a huge embarrassment to the SP government in Uttar Pradesh, the Allahabad High Court had on November 8 ordered removal of two tainted IAS officers from key posts in Noida. Besides the CEO Noida, the other official was Noida Chairman Rakesh Bahadur.
The court had directed the CBI to conduct an inquiry into their appointments, their alleged wrongdoings, as well as all allegations of irregularities in land allotments in the city since 2001.
A division bench had ordered their transfer "anywhere away from western Uttar Pradesh" noting that their presence in the region could "affect the inquiry pending against them".
The previous BSP government had suspended the two officials, but they were appointed again in May after the present SP government took over.
The state government also transferred Industrial Development Commissioner Anil Kumar Gupta, who was holding additional charge of principal secretary, infrastructure and chairman UP Power Corporation Limited.
He has been made member Revenue Board, the spokesman said.
Principal secretary technical education Rajiv Kapoor has been given additional charge of infrastructure and industrial development department.
Divisional commissioner and principal secretary information Sanjiv Kumar Mittal has been transferred to energy department. He will also function as chairman UPPCL.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her