Taj city Agra shivers at 1.4 degrees
Agra: At 1.4 degrees Celsius, Taj city was the coldest in Uttar Pradesh Sunday night, six degrees below normal. The maximum temperature hovered around 18 degrees Celsius.
The temperature could fall further with light drizzle on the New Year`s eve, weather office in Lucknow said.
Voluntary agencies in the city have opened several night shelters for the homeless.
Sri Nathji Nishulk Sewa chief Bankey Lal Maheshwari told IANS: "Our raen baseras (night
The municipal corporation of Agra is still to wake up, complained activist Shravan Kumar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?