Taj city Agra shivers at 1.4 degrees
Agra: At 1.4 degrees Celsius, Taj city was the coldest in Uttar Pradesh Sunday night, six degrees below normal. The maximum temperature hovered around 18 degrees Celsius.
The temperature could fall further with light drizzle on the New Year`s eve, weather office in Lucknow said.
Voluntary agencies in the city have opened several night shelters for the homeless.
Sri Nathji Nishulk Sewa chief Bankey Lal Maheshwari told IANS: "Our raen baseras (night
The municipal corporation of Agra is still to wake up, complained activist Shravan Kumar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- APJ Abdul Kalam: Not Hindu, Not Muslim – Death of an 'Indian'