Taj city Agra shivers at 1.4 degrees
Agra: At 1.4 degrees Celsius, Taj city was the coldest in Uttar Pradesh Sunday night, six degrees below normal. The maximum temperature hovered around 18 degrees Celsius.
The temperature could fall further with light drizzle on the New Year`s eve, weather office in Lucknow said.
Voluntary agencies in the city have opened several night shelters for the homeless.
Sri Nathji Nishulk Sewa chief Bankey Lal Maheshwari told IANS: "Our raen baseras (night
The municipal corporation of Agra is still to wake up, complained activist Shravan Kumar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Rajnath Singh to arrive in trouble-torn Kashmir on Saturday
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone