Taj city celebrates Eid peacefully despite alert
Agra: Eid was celebrated peacefully in Agra on Monday under the shadow of massive security arrangement at various mosques and a high alert in the Taj city.
The turnout at the Taj Mahal for the morning `namaz` was impressive. Even tourists joined the prayers. At the Eidgah, which has been in news for some days due to tension over the boundary wall issue, more than one lakh Muslims joined the prayers and greeted one another.
Agra`s Shahar Mufti Q Rumi called for peace and brotherhood on the occasion.
Large number of people turned out at Fatehpur Sikri to offer morning prayers.
While people thronged markets in the city and greeted one another, cinema halls reported good attendance with many queuing up to watch Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!