Taj city celebrates Eid peacefully despite alert
Agra: Eid was celebrated peacefully in Agra on Monday under the shadow of massive security arrangement at various mosques and a high alert in the Taj city.
The turnout at the Taj Mahal for the morning `namaz` was impressive. Even tourists joined the prayers. At the Eidgah, which has been in news for some days due to tension over the boundary wall issue, more than one lakh Muslims joined the prayers and greeted one another.
Agra`s Shahar Mufti Q Rumi called for peace and brotherhood on the occasion.
Large number of people turned out at Fatehpur Sikri to offer morning prayers.
While people thronged markets in the city and greeted one another, cinema halls reported good attendance with many queuing up to watch Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH