Taj city celebrates Eid peacefully despite alert
Agra: Eid was celebrated peacefully in Agra on Monday under the shadow of massive security arrangement at various mosques and a high alert in the Taj city.
The turnout at the Taj Mahal for the morning `namaz` was impressive. Even tourists joined the prayers. At the Eidgah, which has been in news for some days due to tension over the boundary wall issue, more than one lakh Muslims joined the prayers and greeted one another.
Agra`s Shahar Mufti Q Rumi called for peace and brotherhood on the occasion.
Large number of people turned out at Fatehpur Sikri to offer morning prayers.
While people thronged markets in the city and greeted one another, cinema halls reported good attendance with many queuing up to watch Salman Khan starrer "Ek Tha Tiger".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Despite big money on table, Rahul Dravid rejected Anurag Thakur's offer to coach India - Here's why
- Jhakaas! Anil Kapoor's son Harshvardhan impresses Salman Khan—See how
- Gold at over two-year high as Britan votes to exit EU
- UN strongly condemns latest North Korean missile launches
- Delhi: BJP, Cong attack AAP govt for hiring PR firm