Taj corridor case: Lawyer moves HC against UP Guv
Allahabad: A lawyer has moved Allahabad High Court challenging a five-year-old order of erstwhile Uttar Pradesh Governor TV Rajeswar in which he had refused to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute Mayawati and her cabinet colleague Naseemuddin Siddiqui in the alleged Taj corridor scam.
A division bench, comprising justices R K Agrawal and Ram Surat Ram Maurya, today deferred hearing on the petition filed by local lawyer Raj Kamal Gupta to January 3.
Gupta had filed the petition challenging the then Governor`s order, dated June 3, 2007, whereby he had refused to give sanction to the CBI for prosecuting Mayawati and Siddiqui even though the probe agency had filed a charge sheet against them.
A similar petition, filed by a Lucknow-based advocate, is pending before the High Court`s bench there.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened