Taj corridor: HC posts matter for Jan 11; seeks UP`s response
Lucknow: The Allahabad High Court on Tuesday fixed January 11 as the next date of hearing on a petition challenging erstwhile Uttar Pradesh Governor TV Rajeswar`s refusal to grant sanction to the CBI to prosecute Mayawati and her cabinet colleague Naseemuddin Siddiqui in the alleged Taj corridor scandal.
The Lucknow bench of the court, comprising justices Uma Nath Singh and Satish Chandra, posted the matter for further hearing on the petition, filed by a local lawyer SP Singh, seeking a directing for quashing the order of the then UP Governor dated June 3, 2007.
The division bench provided time to the state government to file it`s response in the meantime.
Respective response and objections were filed on behalf of the central government and the CBI, saying the petition was liable to be dismissed as the order of then Governor was challenged very late.
No response was filed on behalf of the state government.
On June 3, 2007, the then Governor TV Rajeshwar had refused to grant prosecution sanction against Mayawati and Siddiqui after which the special court CBI had dropped the proceedings of Taj corridor case against them on June 5, 2007.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH