Taj Mahal shut on full moon night
Agra: Much to the disappointment of visitors, the Taj Mahal was closed for visitors despite Friday`s full moon night as it overlapped with the day the monument is closed each week.
The full moon night heralding the start of the winter season is also the most awaited evening to visit the 17th century marble monument because the moon is at its brightest best.
The Taj, India`s most popular tourist attraction, is closed on Fridays.
According to a Supreme Court directive of 2004, entry to the Taj is allowed till midnight five days -- two days before and two days after the full moon besides the full moon night.
Eight batches of 50 people are allowed to see the Taj. Tickets have to be booked in advance, Amit Sisodia of Agra Beat, which holds heritage walks in the city, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'