Taj Mahal shut on full moon night
Agra: Much to the disappointment of visitors, the Taj Mahal was closed for visitors despite Friday`s full moon night as it overlapped with the day the monument is closed each week.
The full moon night heralding the start of the winter season is also the most awaited evening to visit the 17th century marble monument because the moon is at its brightest best.
The Taj, India`s most popular tourist attraction, is closed on Fridays.
According to a Supreme Court directive of 2004, entry to the Taj is allowed till midnight five days -- two days before and two days after the full moon besides the full moon night.
Eight batches of 50 people are allowed to see the Taj. Tickets have to be booked in advance, Amit Sisodia of Agra Beat, which holds heritage walks in the city, told a news agency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra