Taj Mahotsav concludes
Agra: The Taj Mahotsav, a festival of art
and craft, culture and cuisine held every year in the vicinity of Taj Mahal, concluded here on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh governor B L Joshi announced the close of the 23rd Taj Mahotsav.
Speaking on the occasion, Joshi said the state government has decided to set up a theme park and an international airport in Agra and nearby places to give a boost to tourism and development of the area.
"The state government had drawn a plan for development of Agra and nearby places as tourist spots by making an international airport and developing a theme park," he said, adding the World Bank had approved the tourism development project in Agra which is the main tourist destination in the state.
Though the festival has been closed officially, the organisers have decided to let the show go on for three more days and to enable nearly 400 stalls to make for losses due to two days of rain during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown