Taj Mahotsav concludes
Agra: The Taj Mahotsav, a festival of art
and craft, culture and cuisine held every year in the vicinity of Taj Mahal, concluded here on Thursday.
Uttar Pradesh governor B L Joshi announced the close of the 23rd Taj Mahotsav.
Speaking on the occasion, Joshi said the state government has decided to set up a theme park and an international airport in Agra and nearby places to give a boost to tourism and development of the area.
"The state government had drawn a plan for development of Agra and nearby places as tourist spots by making an international airport and developing a theme park," he said, adding the World Bank had approved the tourism development project in Agra which is the main tourist destination in the state.
Though the festival has been closed officially, the organisers have decided to let the show go on for three more days and to enable nearly 400 stalls to make for losses due to two days of rain during the festival.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH