Take action against those involved in power theft: Mayawati
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister
Mayawati today directed power department officers to take
stringent action against those involved in power theft, an
official spokesman said.
Mayawati has also directed the UP Power Corporation
Limited officials to launch an extensive drive to check power
pilferage across the state, he said.
He termed as "false and baseless" the reports regarding
involvement of a minister and an MP in the power theft in
During the investigation, tampering with the incoming
feeders came to light at certain power sub-stations in
Muzaffarnagar district, the spokesman said.
He said appropriate action would be taken against the
guilty after a three-member committee, constituted by the
UPPCL to conduct spot verification, will submit its report,
the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days