Take immediate steps to pay sugarcane farmers` dues: HC to UP
Allahabad: The Allahabad High Court on Wednesday asked the Uttar Pradesh government to take "immediate steps" to pay the outstanding dues to sugarcane farmers of the state by the sugar mills.
A Division Bench comprising Chief Justice DY Chandrachud and Justice Sanjay Misra passed the order on a PIL filed by Rashtriya Kisan Majdoor Sangathan and fixed December 18 as the next date of hearing in the matter.
Earlier, Chief Standing Counsel Ramesh Upadhyay had submitted before the court that crushing has begun at as many as 106 sugar mills across the state and the remaining ones were likely to start running soon.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH