Talks between farmers, Gr Noida Authority fail
Greater Noida: Negotiations between Greater
Noida Industrial Development Authority (GNIDA) and farmers of
four villages here over the land acquisition controversy
failed to reach a conclusion with villagers demanding that all
the points agreed to be included in a written agreement.
While GNIDA officials and the farmers had reached a
verbal agreement late last night, a dispute arose between them
today over including all the points of assent in a written
Apparently, GNIDA does not want to put the amount to be
paid by builders on a written legal document.
"Our talks failed as the Authority was not putting all
the agreed demands in the written document," said Resh Pal
Yadav, pradhan of Patwari village.
The talks, initiated by Uttar Pradesh Minister Jaiveer
Singh and Gautam Budha Nagar MP Surinder Singh Nagar, were
held between GNIDA officials and pradhans and other
representatives from Patwari, Bisrakh, Haibatpur and Itedha
"We want to negotiate and settle the issue as we are
also concerned about investors` interests. But the authority
seems to be fooling us and trying to get our signatures on
unapproved documents," a farmer present at the talks said.
However, GNIDA officials said "some progress" had been
made during the talks with the farmers.
They said the Authority now knows the terms on which the
farmers have given their approval but demand for a written
document was the only hitch.
Meanwhile, in Noida, GNIDA Chairman Balvinder Kumar held
a meeting with farmers from Gejha and assured them
The farmers demanded five per cent land on the developed
However, the Chairman told them that the villages which
were acquired between 1976 to 1997 cannot be given the benefit
of five per cent developed land as this facility was
applicable only for acquisitions made from 1997 onward.
At Badalpur, farmers held a panchayat and decided to move
court. They claimed that while their land was acquired for
development of industries and parks, a helipad was built on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users