Talwars accuse CBI of `unleashing mob` on them
New Delhi: A day before a special court
decides on the CBI closure report in the Aarushi-Hemraj murder
case, mother of the slain teenager Nupur Talwar on Tuesday accused
the investigating agency of "unleasing mob" on her family.
"I am surprised in this entire society there is only a
handful of people who wanted to hear our story, wanted to
understand, see our side of things.
"The way the CBI has behaved, the way they have
unleashed this mob on us and the way large parts of the media
have been so irresponsible. Naturally then society has dealt
with us in the manner it has," she said in an interview to
Headlines Today news channel.
Speaking for the first time after her husband was
attacked by a man outside the court, the Talwar couple said,
"Utsav (the attacker) shouldn`t have been there. He shouldn`t
have been roaming around with a weapon. This can happen to
Criticising the media for its commentary on the murder
case, Rajesh Talwar said: "Everybody does their job. I also do
my job to the best of my ability, but whatever you do you are
accountable to somebody. I am accountable to my patients. It`s
wrong on the media`s part to prejudge people, create this kind
"I am going through hell because I don`t have my
child, and beyond that there is so much of insensitivity. I
have lost faith in humanity."
Nupur said, "We are not happy sitting in front of TV
cameras. We are forced to be there. We have been pushed into a
corner. The media has made us infamous, not popular."
Speaking about the attack, Rajesh said "It was touch
and go. I was losing a lot of blood and my blood pressure had
also fallen a lot. If my brother hadn`t taken me to Apollo
Hospital in time, I wouldn?t have survived."
"I have suffered an artery cut and a pressure nerve
was also injured. I have a sort of paralysis of the right side
of my face and I can`t keep my right eye closed."
"Life has become extremely difficult for me and I
don`t know what to do. I was doing a lot of work and it helped
me pass time and keep my thoughts to myself."
"I just hope to God he doesn`t do this to me. I just
want to work...that`s all, he said.
The only thing that kept me distracted from all that
was happening was my practice and that has been taken away
from me, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata