Talwars knew about Hemraj`s death "in advance": CBI lawyer
Ghaziabad: The prosecution in Aarushi-Hemraj murder case on Friday told a special CBI court that the dentist couple, Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, "knew in advance" about the death of their domestic aide before his body was found at the terrace, a day after the crime.
On the second consecutive day of final argument, CBI lawyer B K Singh told court that on May 16, 2008, Rajesh had lodged a complaint at Noida Sector 20 police station at 7.10 am, stating that "He (Rajesh), wife Nupur and daughter Aarushi reside at his house while Hemraj also lived at his residence."
"Lived word indicates that Rajesh already knew Hemraj was not alive. Talwar had also said that Hemraj fled away after murdering his daughter while Rajesh woke up in the morning," Singh said.
The CBI lawyer also said that the door of Aarushi`s room was open and it had blood spot in its front part which meant that during the crime, the door of her room was open and how it is impossible that Rajesh and Nupur, who were in their room adjacent to her room, could not have heard sound of "the attack and screams."
Singh also said that there was no forced entry into the Aarushi`s room as it was already open.
Singh argued that the then Station Officer Data Ram Noneria of Noida Sector 20 police station had said that next morning after the crime, he went to Talwars` home.
"Noneria noticed blood stains on terrace door`s lock. When he asked Rajesh for its key, he said that there was no key of this lock and said don`t waste time in unlocking door, and searched Hemraj or he would escape," the CBI lawyer said.
"Noneria had during his statement also told the court that on May 17, 2008 at around 10.45 am, Rajesh called up a police officer. This officer told him that Rajesh asked for a search on his terrace on phone thinking that murder weapon could be there.
"But, on May 16, Rajesh didn`t let Noneria unlock terrace door which creates suspicion about the role of Rajesh," Singh added.
The CBI lawyer argued that on May 17, 2008, Noneria broke terrace lock and found a body lying there.
"Noneria asked Rajesh that did he recognise the body, but Rajesh said he didn`t know him (Hemraj). However, some persons present at the terrace told the police officer that he was Hemraj, the servant of Talwars. Such behaviour of Talwars` also creates suspicion," Singh said.
Court of Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed October 15 for further arguments on the part of CBI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM Modi addresses mega rally in Mathura Part-II
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- CBSE Board 12th XII Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced today at 12 Noon
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo