Talwars move Allahabad HC challenging warrants
Allahabad: Murdered Noida girl Aarushi`s
father Rajesh Talwar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court
challenging a bailable warrant issued against him and his wife
Nupur Talwar by a CBI court in Ghaziabad in the double murder
case of the teenager and their domestic help Hemraj.
Significantly, judgement on a review petition filed by
Nupur Talwar challenging the CBI court`s decision to initiate
proceedings against the couple for the murder of their
teenaged daughter and domestic help, has been reserved by the
high court till March 18.
Talwars` counsel Samit Gopal said, the dentist has
challenged the CBI court order dated February 28, whereby
bailable arrest warrants of Rs 20,000 each were issued against
them and their plea for exemption from personal appearance was
The CBI court had, on February 9 last, decided to
initiate criminal proceedings against the couple saying that
there was sufficient evidence against them even though neither
of them was named as accused in the closure report filed by
the investigating agency.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi had been found murdered inside
her room in May, 2008 while the body of Hemraj had been
recovered from the terrace of the house a day later.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Monday,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others as Gujjar agitation continues
- Pakistan criticizes Defence Minister Parrikar's terrorism remarks