Talwars move Allahabad HC challenging warrants
Allahabad: Murdered Noida girl Aarushi`s
father Rajesh Talwar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court
challenging a bailable warrant issued against him and his wife
Nupur Talwar by a CBI court in Ghaziabad in the double murder
case of the teenager and their domestic help Hemraj.
Significantly, judgement on a review petition filed by
Nupur Talwar challenging the CBI court`s decision to initiate
proceedings against the couple for the murder of their
teenaged daughter and domestic help, has been reserved by the
high court till March 18.
Talwars` counsel Samit Gopal said, the dentist has
challenged the CBI court order dated February 28, whereby
bailable arrest warrants of Rs 20,000 each were issued against
them and their plea for exemption from personal appearance was
The CBI court had, on February 9 last, decided to
initiate criminal proceedings against the couple saying that
there was sufficient evidence against them even though neither
of them was named as accused in the closure report filed by
the investigating agency.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi had been found murdered inside
her room in May, 2008 while the body of Hemraj had been
recovered from the terrace of the house a day later.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Monday,
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31