Talwars move Allahabad HC challenging warrants
Allahabad: Murdered Noida girl Aarushi`s
father Rajesh Talwar on Thursday moved the Allahabad High Court
challenging a bailable warrant issued against him and his wife
Nupur Talwar by a CBI court in Ghaziabad in the double murder
case of the teenager and their domestic help Hemraj.
Significantly, judgement on a review petition filed by
Nupur Talwar challenging the CBI court`s decision to initiate
proceedings against the couple for the murder of their
teenaged daughter and domestic help, has been reserved by the
high court till March 18.
Talwars` counsel Samit Gopal said, the dentist has
challenged the CBI court order dated February 28, whereby
bailable arrest warrants of Rs 20,000 each were issued against
them and their plea for exemption from personal appearance was
The CBI court had, on February 9 last, decided to
initiate criminal proceedings against the couple saying that
there was sufficient evidence against them even though neither
of them was named as accused in the closure report filed by
the investigating agency.
Fourteen-year-old Aarushi had been found murdered inside
her room in May, 2008 while the body of Hemraj had been
recovered from the terrace of the house a day later.
The petition is likely to come up for hearing on Monday,
- Will Sonia Gandhi answer RSS's claim of igniting riots in the country?
- DNA: Only 4% of Indian polpulation pays income tax
- Police arrest person accused of abducting woman in Bengaluru
- Scientists find three Earth-sized planets orbiting dwarf star
- Kerala: Dalit law student brutally raped, murdered in Ernakulam
- SC notice to Centre, state governments on PIL for uploading FIR within 24 hours
- Toyota launches Innova Crysta priced up to Rs 20.78 lakh
- TVS Motor sales up 16% in April
- Parineeti Chopra wants 'spa-like' personal spaces at her abode
- Nobody came to help while I screamed, says victim of Bengaluru kidnapping case