Talwars seek HC direction for submitting narco tests report
Allahabad: A petition filed by dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, seeking direction to the CBI for producing before the trial court the report of their narco tests conducted during investigation into the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, came up for hearing on Tuesday before the Allahabad High Court.
In their petition, which came up for hearing before the court of Justice Sudhir Agrawal, the Noida-based couple have sought a direction to the probe agency for producing the narco test reports before the special CBI court at Ghaziabad, besides providing them with a copy of the same.
The petition was opposed by the CBI counsel who submitted that the narco test report was "inadmissible as evidence" and hence there was no need for submitting the same before the trial court.
The CBI counsel also pointed out that it was for this reason that a similar prayer by the petitioners had been earlier turned down by the trial court as well.
The hearing in the matter is now likely to continue tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- PM Narendra Modi meets Chinese President Xi Jinping, seeks support for India's NSG bid
- Focus on defence, security as PM Modi meets Uzbek President
- President tells IIT, IISc-Bangalore and IISER scholars to make India great
- Accident blocks Delhi-Howrah rail route, two dozen trains diverted
- Israel says Abbas reviving old `blood libel` against Jews