Talwars shattered by court verdict: Family member
New Delhi: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, are shattered by a CBI court ordering that they be tried for the killing, a family member said.
"Rajesh and Nupur are completely shattered by the court verdict. It is very unfortunate that they have been chargesheeted. We don`t know under whose pressure this is happening," said Vandana Talwar, Rajesh Talwar`s sister-in-law.
An angry Vandana Talwar said there has been lot of discrepancies on the part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that probed the killing of Aarushi and her family`s domestic help May 16, 2008.
"We fight for justice till the end and I am hopeful we will get it. What have we done and why are we being maligned," she asked angrily.
The CBI court has summoned the couple Feb 28.
Strongly supporting the Talwar couple, Vandana Talwar asked: "Can any parent kill their daughter? Their mistake was only that they were at home when the murder took place. They did not see anyone and how would they see when the servant allowed someone in?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: Siachen survivor Hanumanthappa fights for life as India prays for him
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: Know about world's highest battlefield Siachen
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!