Talwars shattered by court verdict: Family member
New Delhi: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, are shattered by a CBI court ordering that they be tried for the killing, a family member said.
"Rajesh and Nupur are completely shattered by the court verdict. It is very unfortunate that they have been chargesheeted. We don`t know under whose pressure this is happening," said Vandana Talwar, Rajesh Talwar`s sister-in-law.
An angry Vandana Talwar said there has been lot of discrepancies on the part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that probed the killing of Aarushi and her family`s domestic help May 16, 2008.
"We fight for justice till the end and I am hopeful we will get it. What have we done and why are we being maligned," she asked angrily.
The CBI court has summoned the couple Feb 28.
Strongly supporting the Talwar couple, Vandana Talwar asked: "Can any parent kill their daughter? Their mistake was only that they were at home when the murder took place. They did not see anyone and how would they see when the servant allowed someone in?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- India, Iran, Afghanistan ink 'historic' Chabahar port agreement; PM Modi calls it 'corridor of peace, prosperity'
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!