Talwars shattered by court verdict: Family member
New Delhi: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, are shattered by a CBI court ordering that they be tried for the killing, a family member said.
"Rajesh and Nupur are completely shattered by the court verdict. It is very unfortunate that they have been chargesheeted. We don`t know under whose pressure this is happening," said Vandana Talwar, Rajesh Talwar`s sister-in-law.
An angry Vandana Talwar said there has been lot of discrepancies on the part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that probed the killing of Aarushi and her family`s domestic help May 16, 2008.
"We fight for justice till the end and I am hopeful we will get it. What have we done and why are we being maligned," she asked angrily.
The CBI court has summoned the couple Feb 28.
Strongly supporting the Talwar couple, Vandana Talwar asked: "Can any parent kill their daughter? Their mistake was only that they were at home when the murder took place. They did not see anyone and how would they see when the servant allowed someone in?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured