Talwars shattered by court verdict: Family member
New Delhi: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, are shattered by a CBI court ordering that they be tried for the killing, a family member said.
"Rajesh and Nupur are completely shattered by the court verdict. It is very unfortunate that they have been chargesheeted. We don`t know under whose pressure this is happening," said Vandana Talwar, Rajesh Talwar`s sister-in-law.
An angry Vandana Talwar said there has been lot of discrepancies on the part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that probed the killing of Aarushi and her family`s domestic help May 16, 2008.
"We fight for justice till the end and I am hopeful we will get it. What have we done and why are we being maligned," she asked angrily.
The CBI court has summoned the couple Feb 28.
Strongly supporting the Talwar couple, Vandana Talwar asked: "Can any parent kill their daughter? Their mistake was only that they were at home when the murder took place. They did not see anyone and how would they see when the servant allowed someone in?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report