Talwars shattered by court verdict: Family member
New Delhi: Rajesh and Nupur Talwar, the parents of murdered teenager Aarushi Talwar, are shattered by a CBI court ordering that they be tried for the killing, a family member said.
"Rajesh and Nupur are completely shattered by the court verdict. It is very unfortunate that they have been chargesheeted. We don`t know under whose pressure this is happening," said Vandana Talwar, Rajesh Talwar`s sister-in-law.
An angry Vandana Talwar said there has been lot of discrepancies on the part of the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) that probed the killing of Aarushi and her family`s domestic help May 16, 2008.
"We fight for justice till the end and I am hopeful we will get it. What have we done and why are we being maligned," she asked angrily.
The CBI court has summoned the couple Feb 28.
Strongly supporting the Talwar couple, Vandana Talwar asked: "Can any parent kill their daughter? Their mistake was only that they were at home when the murder took place. They did not see anyone and how would they see when the servant allowed someone in?"
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic