Talwars to approach higher court: Lawyer
New Delhi: The verdict of a special CBI court which Wednesday ordered that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for the murder of their teenaged daughter Aarushi will be challenged in a higher court, their lawyer said.
Rebecca John, the family`s lawyer, said the family was shocked after the verdict.
"We will challenge the order and go to a higher court. We were surprised by the CBI (Central Bureau of Investigation) closure report as it is full of gaping holes," she said.
"We are definitely taken aback by the order. Nothing can justify the summoning of Rajesh Talwar (for the next hering Feb 28) but having done it, we will go to a higher court challenging the order," she added.
The special CBI court Wednesday ordered that Rajesh and Nupur Talwar be tried for Aarushi`s murder. The couple will also be prosecuted for destruction of evidence.
Raising a question on the investigative agency, John said: "This was the present team which is saying it. The CBI about a year-and-a-half back said a completely different thing. They hid the investigation done by the previous team of the CBI."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation