Talwars want Nalini Singh to be summoned as court witness
Ghaziabad: Accused dentist couple Rajesh and Nupur Talwar today filed a fresh petition in the special CBI court seeking summoning of journalist Nalini Singh and the then CBI deputy SP Anuj Arya as court witnesses in Arushi- Hemraj murder trial.
Talwars, who are being tried for the murder of their daughter Aarushi and domestic help Hemraj, said in their petition that Singh had on a programme telecast by private news channel on October 14 said that she had been quizzed by CBI officer Arya in 2008 in connection with the case.
She was asked by the CBI about a Nepalese song being telecast on a Nepalese channel owned by her on the intervening night of May 15-16, 2008, when the double murder occurred.
According to the petition, Nalini Singh had said that after she gave details of Nepalese songs being telecast on that fateful night, Arya told her that the information provided by her matched with the revelations made by servants during their narco test.
In their petition, Talwars said that Arya had told Nalini Singh that according to narco test, the three initial suspects ? Krishna, a compounder of Rajesh Talwar, Rajkumar and Vijay Mandal, both helpers, were in Hemraj`s room on that fateful night and were watching Nepalese songs.
Talwars also added that CBI had made Arya Number-126 prosecution witness, but he was never examined in the court, adding that any witness can be called at any stage for the proper adjudication of the case.
They contended that there were provisions in criminal procedure code empowering even the appellate courts to lead further evidence even after after the final disposal of the case.
"In the interest of justice, it is necessary to call journalist Nalini Singh and CBI officer Anuj Arya as court witnesses by the respected court," the peition said.
In its closure report, CBI said that there is no evidence against the servants except the narco test which was not reliable. The report stated that servants would not have assembled in the house of Talwars when both doctors were present in their house.
The defence was to start arguments today, but lawyers went off work due to Karwachauth festival. Additional Sessions Judge Shyam Lal fixed October 23 for next hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video