Tanda murder: Slain HYV leader`s family alleges hand of SP MLA
Lucknow: Family of the Hindu Yuva Vahini leader, whose murder had triggered large scale protests in Tanda town of Ambedkar Nagar district, on Thursday accused a local SP MLA of conspiring in the murder.
In Lucknow, Shyam Babu Gupta, brother of slain leader Ram Babu Gupta who was shot dead on March 3, alleged hand of Samajwadi Party MLA Azimul Haq in the murder, who has denied the allegations.
Victim`s wife Sanju Devi, who is in Ambedkar Nagar, also levelled similar allegations against SP MLA and threatened to immolate herself with children if justice was not done in the case.
Denying the charges, Haq said he has nothing to do with the murder of Gupta.
Meanwhile, Gupta`s family has also demanded a compensation from the state government, besides a visit by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
"We want CM Akhilesh Yadav to visit our family and give compensation. We are here to meet him (CM) but he is not available", Shyambabu said here.
The issue was also rasied in the Vidhan Parishad (Lower House) by BJP members, who demanded a compensation of Rs 25 lakh, government job to a family member besides immediate arrest of those involved in the incident.
Leader of House Ahmad Hasan said the government is not shielding the culprits and will consider the demand for compensation.
Unsatisfied with the reply, BJP members staged a walkout.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists?
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part II
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part III
- Why does media give unnecessary importance to terrorists? - Part IV
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Bank employees to go on strike on Friday, services to be hit
- Avg 49 days of employment generated in 2015-16 under MGNREGA: Govt
- Turkey`s post-coup purge: almost 16,000 detained, 50,000 fired
- Death sentences upheld for six Jamaatul Mujahideen Bangladesh militants in 2005 bombings
- Oh Air India! 11,000 flights rescheduled, 16,000 flights delayed till June 2016