Tanda murder: UP Vidhan Parishad directs for high-level probe
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Parishad chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey on Thursday directed the state government to conduct a high-level inquiry into the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini leader in Ambedkar Nagar district and extend suitable financial assistance to his family members.
The issue was raised by BJP members during Zero Hour through adjournment motion, demanding financial assistance and job to a member of deceased Ram Babu Gupta`s family.
Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan said the situation was normalising in Tanda town and rioters were being identified. However, dissatisfied with the statement the BJP members staged a walk out.
Rejecting the motion, chairman Pandey then issued directives to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Are separatists scared with 'Dangal' girl Zaira Wasim's success?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city