Tanda murder: UP Vidhan Parishad directs for high-level probe
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Parishad chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey on Thursday directed the state government to conduct a high-level inquiry into the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini leader in Ambedkar Nagar district and extend suitable financial assistance to his family members.
The issue was raised by BJP members during Zero Hour through adjournment motion, demanding financial assistance and job to a member of deceased Ram Babu Gupta`s family.
Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan said the situation was normalising in Tanda town and rioters were being identified. However, dissatisfied with the statement the BJP members staged a walk out.
Rejecting the motion, chairman Pandey then issued directives to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Nicolas Sarkozy tells comeback rally he would ban burkini across France
- Hillary Clinton tops 50 percent support from US voters in latest poll
- Qayyara liberated from IS terrorists: Iraqi PM
- US government seeks ban on swimming with Hawaii dolphins
- Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton exchange angry charges of racism