Tanda murder: UP Vidhan Parishad directs for high-level probe
Lucknow: Uttar Pradesh Vidhan Parishad chairman Ganesh Shanker Pandey on Thursday directed the state government to conduct a high-level inquiry into the murder of a Hindu Yuva Vahini leader in Ambedkar Nagar district and extend suitable financial assistance to his family members.
The issue was raised by BJP members during Zero Hour through adjournment motion, demanding financial assistance and job to a member of deceased Ram Babu Gupta`s family.
Leader of the House Ahmad Hasan said the situation was normalising in Tanda town and rioters were being identified. However, dissatisfied with the statement the BJP members staged a walk out.
Rejecting the motion, chairman Pandey then issued directives to the government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IND vs WI: 'Man of the match' Ravichandran Ashwin credits skipper Virat Kohli for Antigua ton
- Pak police arrest Qandeel's sister, cousin
- 'Suicides in educational institutions not higher than society'
- Barack Obama's half-brother says he will vote for Donald Trump
- Three Ukrainian soldiers killed in separatist east