Teacher held for impersonating as MP`s assistant
Hathras: A Delhi-based computer teacher has been arrested for allegedly impersonating as the personal assistant of a Samajwadi Party MP and using his `designation` to get government officials transferred, a senior police official said on Friday.
A joint team of Hathras and Aligarh Special Task Force (STF) arrested Mukesh Kumar Sharma claiming to be the PA of SP Rajya Sabha MP Ramgopal Yadav from Delhi on Thursday, Superintendent of Police (Hathras), J K Shahi said.
Sharma, a native of Kota village here, worked as a computer teacher with a private school in Delhi and claimed to be Yadav`s PA, Shahi said.
The accused used to make phone calls to senior officials of different departments (of Uttar Pradesh government) as Yadav`s PA and get employees transferred, the SP said, adding that the arrest was made on the complaint of a junior engineer with the Hydel department of the Uttar Pradesh government who was transferred on Sharma`s intervention.
Sharma was allegedly harassing the engineer with demands of hefty money in lieu of the transfer, which forced him to file a report at the Hathras police station last week.
Sharma was arrested after tracing his mobile number and sent to jail, the SP said, adding that further probes are on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'