Teacher rapes girl, forces her to take abortion pill
Lucknow: Taking suo-motu cognisance of the rape of a teenage girl allegedly by her teacher in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh state Human rights commission on Friday issued notices to Principal Secretary Home, DGP and SP Unnao and the VC, CSM Medical University seeking a detailed report about the incident by June 14.
The commission while issuing notices, also directed SP Unnao to personally monitor the case registered against the teacher Hari Narayan and cook Anuradha.
It directed Principal Secretary Home to ensure compensation of Rs 25,000 to the victim`s family and VC, CSM Medical university to provide free treatment to the girl.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by teacher Hari Narain at Kasturba Gandhi residential school under Fatehpur Chaurasi police station area of Unnao.
According to the FIR lodged yesterday by the father of the victim, a class VI student, the incident came to light earlier this month when she took ill after the teacher and another employee of the school tried to get her aborted.
The girl was found to be two and a half month pregnant, sources said adding that the teacher, identified as Harnarian and cook, Anuradha were been arrested.
The Commission, Chairman Justice (retired) Vishnu Sahai observed that it was distressing and shocking that a teacher who was expected to act like a guardian/father vis-a-vis the victim raped her in such a depraved manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!