Teacher rapes girl, forces her to take abortion pill
Lucknow: Taking suo-motu cognisance of the rape of a teenage girl allegedly by her teacher in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh state Human rights commission on Friday issued notices to Principal Secretary Home, DGP and SP Unnao and the VC, CSM Medical University seeking a detailed report about the incident by June 14.
The commission while issuing notices, also directed SP Unnao to personally monitor the case registered against the teacher Hari Narayan and cook Anuradha.
It directed Principal Secretary Home to ensure compensation of Rs 25,000 to the victim`s family and VC, CSM Medical university to provide free treatment to the girl.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by teacher Hari Narain at Kasturba Gandhi residential school under Fatehpur Chaurasi police station area of Unnao.
According to the FIR lodged yesterday by the father of the victim, a class VI student, the incident came to light earlier this month when she took ill after the teacher and another employee of the school tried to get her aborted.
The girl was found to be two and a half month pregnant, sources said adding that the teacher, identified as Harnarian and cook, Anuradha were been arrested.
The Commission, Chairman Justice (retired) Vishnu Sahai observed that it was distressing and shocking that a teacher who was expected to act like a guardian/father vis-a-vis the victim raped her in such a depraved manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'