Teacher rapes girl, forces her to take abortion pill
Lucknow: Taking suo-motu cognisance of the rape of a teenage girl allegedly by her teacher in Unnao, Uttar Pradesh state Human rights commission on Friday issued notices to Principal Secretary Home, DGP and SP Unnao and the VC, CSM Medical University seeking a detailed report about the incident by June 14.
The commission while issuing notices, also directed SP Unnao to personally monitor the case registered against the teacher Hari Narayan and cook Anuradha.
It directed Principal Secretary Home to ensure compensation of Rs 25,000 to the victim`s family and VC, CSM Medical university to provide free treatment to the girl.
A 13-year-old girl was allegedly raped by teacher Hari Narain at Kasturba Gandhi residential school under Fatehpur Chaurasi police station area of Unnao.
According to the FIR lodged yesterday by the father of the victim, a class VI student, the incident came to light earlier this month when she took ill after the teacher and another employee of the school tried to get her aborted.
The girl was found to be two and a half month pregnant, sources said adding that the teacher, identified as Harnarian and cook, Anuradha were been arrested.
The Commission, Chairman Justice (retired) Vishnu Sahai observed that it was distressing and shocking that a teacher who was expected to act like a guardian/father vis-a-vis the victim raped her in such a depraved manner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says