Teachers` body accuse SP legislator of manhandling
Aligarh: Several primary school teachers on Tuesday staged a protest here and burnt effigy of Samajwadi party MLA Bhagwan Sharma, alleging that he manhandled some of them when they met him to submit a memorandum.
Members of district Urdu Teachers` Welfare Association claimed that the legislator from Dibai manhandled and even slapped some of them when they met him yesterday afternoon to hand over a memorandum addressed to the UP Chief Minister.
According to divisional president of the UTWA Yusuf Jamal, a group of teachers had gone to Sharma`s residence to hand over a memorandum urging Akhilesh Yadav to reconsider the recent directive to primary teachers asking them to keep their cell phones available at a particular hour in the morning for verification of their attendance.
Yusuf said their talk with Sharma was proceeding cordially when suddenly he left the room and for some inexplicable reason turned hostile on his return.
Following a mild altercation with a member of the delegation, the MLA turned abusive and manhandled some members of the delegation, he alleged.
Sharma, on being asked by reporters to give his version, said the incident was being blown out of proportion by some persons who were deliberately trying to defame him on political grounds.
The MLA blamed opposition parties and said that he was ready to give his full support to the demands of the primary school teachers on their issue.
A memorandum against Sharma by members of UTWA was submitted to Divisional Commissioner Kunwar Vikram Singh yesterday evening demanding strong action into the matter.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani