‘Team Anna encashing Noida agitation for political mileage`
Noida: Condemning the visit of Manish Sisodia to Greater Noida in support of local farmers, a flat owners` association accused Team Anna of encashing the Noida extension agitation for political interest.
"If Team Anna wanted to raise the farmers issue from NCR then why they selected only Noida farmers. It appears they want to encash the Noida extension agitation for their political interests.
Why they did not choose NCR`s other areas such as Faridabad, Gurgaon and Ghaziabad," Noida Extension Flat Owners Members Association General secretary Shweta Bharti said in a statement.
Sisodia, Team Anna`s key member, had yesterday visited Greater Noida where he supported local farmers in their fight for their land.
The body said the farmers condition is bad in other parts of the country also, including in Anna Hazare`s home state Maharashtra, but the Team Anna members are not seen there.
"India Against Corruption people are in all corners of the country, but why the Team Anna members did not meet farmers in other areas. In Anna`s home state Maharashtra`s Vidarbha area condition of farmers is very bad. Why the team Anna members are not seen there to help those farmers," she said.
"As per WTO report in India around one lakh farmers every year commit suicide due to overburden of loans. The Government`s welfare schemes did not reach farmers. How many of these farmers are in NCR?" she asked.
"We have invested our hard earned money for the purchase of our home at Noida Extension," she said.
The buyers will hold dharna in Delhi on June 8 to protest against the non-clearance of Greater Noida master plan resulting in the halting of realty projects.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj