Team Anna invites Muslims at rally in UP
Faizabad: Stung by charges that it was
playing in the hands of RSS and BJP, Team Anna on Friday invited
some prominent Muslim personalities to share stage at a public
meeting here addressed by Kiran Bedi.
Prof Tariq Sayeed, Head of the Urdu department in a local
college chaired the meeting where the main speakers included
Mufti Shamim Qasmi, a religious scholar of Darul Uloom Deoband
and former MP Ilyas Azami.
Besides putting up the portraits of Anna Hazare, Bhagat
Singh and Mahatma Gandhi, the organizers installed a big
photograph of freedom fighter Ashfaq Ullah Khan on the dais.
Addressing the meeting organized by India Against
Corruption, Team Anna member and former IPS officer Bedi
appealed to voters to exercise their right to reject tainted
At the same time, she appealed to voters to back those who
are secular and do not have criminal background.
"The Uttar Pradesh elections will pave the way for the
country`s future," she told the electorate.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid