Team Anna supporter files case of cheating against Kejriwal
Meerut: Unhappy with Team Anna`s decision to enter electoral politics, a supporter has filed a case of cheating against member Arvind Kejriwal for not keeping his promise to stay away from the political fray.
Harishwar, a teacher at a Meerut college, filed the case yesterday at an Additional Chief Judicial Magistrate`s court, against Kejriwal for misleading supporters to believe that Team Anna will keep its distance from mainstream politics.
"I had joined the cause believing it is apolitical, however, the recent announcement by Team Anna to join politics has deeply hurt me. This is a clear case of cheating," Harishwar said today.
The court will hear the witnesses on August 14.
Hazare and his aides had called off their indefinite fast on August 3 and pitched for entering electoral politics by forming a political alternative.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Wimbledon 2015: Sania Mirza, Rohan Bopanna through to quarters, Paes' campaign ends