`Team Anna`s campaign will not work in UP polls`
Allahabad: Lashing out at Team Anna for its
anti-Congress propaganda, UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi has asserted that Anna Hazare`s decision to campaign against the party in poll-bound states will not have much impact in
"I wish speedy recovery to Anna Hazare whom we consider
an honourable social activist...it may not be out of place to
say that Team Anna has lost its sense of direction and reduced its anti-corruption crusade to an anti-Congress propaganda," Joshi told reporters.
This has resulted in a decline in its mass following
which was seen during Hazare`s fast in Mumbai, she said,
adding that the proposed anti-Congress campaign will not have
much impact in Uttar Pradesh.
"Voters will be giving a mandate against 22 years of
misrule by successive non-Congress governments in Uttar
Pradesh. They will punish parties like the BJP, the SP and the
BSP which have been in power during this period. It is against
this backdrop that we are likely to gain and hence Team Anna`s
campaign may fail to strike a chord with the people," she said.
The entire nation is aware that the Congress-led UPA
government got the Lokpal Bill passed in Lok Sabha. Things
were different in Rajya Sabha and the Bill was stalled by the
BJP-led NDA there, she said.
"But Team Anna chose to carry on rubbishing the Congress
while making no attempt to persuade the BJP to cooperate in
getting the Bill passed," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?