`Team Anna`s campaign will not work in UP polls`
Allahabad: Lashing out at Team Anna for its
anti-Congress propaganda, UPCC president Rita Bahuguna Joshi has asserted that Anna Hazare`s decision to campaign against the party in poll-bound states will not have much impact in
"I wish speedy recovery to Anna Hazare whom we consider
an honourable social activist...it may not be out of place to
say that Team Anna has lost its sense of direction and reduced its anti-corruption crusade to an anti-Congress propaganda," Joshi told reporters.
This has resulted in a decline in its mass following
which was seen during Hazare`s fast in Mumbai, she said,
adding that the proposed anti-Congress campaign will not have
much impact in Uttar Pradesh.
"Voters will be giving a mandate against 22 years of
misrule by successive non-Congress governments in Uttar
Pradesh. They will punish parties like the BJP, the SP and the
BSP which have been in power during this period. It is against
this backdrop that we are likely to gain and hence Team Anna`s
campaign may fail to strike a chord with the people," she said.
The entire nation is aware that the Congress-led UPA
government got the Lokpal Bill passed in Lok Sabha. Things
were different in Rajya Sabha and the Bill was stalled by the
BJP-led NDA there, she said.
"But Team Anna chose to carry on rubbishing the Congress
while making no attempt to persuade the BJP to cooperate in
getting the Bill passed," Joshi added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Eurozone business activity strong despite Brexit: Survey
- India does not play for rankings, says Virat Kohli
- US backs Amnesty over India sedition case, says it respects group's right to express freely
- ''No Indian hand in Nepal government change''
- Daddy's little girl Priyanka Chopra remembers father on his third birth anniversary! See pic