Team Anna`s intentions not clear: Azam Khan
Rampur: The decision of Team Anna to enter the political fray smacks of an "undeclared goal" to take the country towards dictatorship, senior Samajwadi Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan on Sunday alleged.
"Hazare should clarify that which system of governance will be adopted if they got an opportunity to rule," Azam said.
"It became clear in the beginning that Anna and his team would enter politics as they targeted ministers and parliamentarians" he told reporters here yesterday.
In a veiled comparison with Adolf Hitler, Azam said, "Hitler, who grabbed the power in a democratic way, soon transformed himself into a symbol of tyranny and cruelty."
"Anna and his team mates first got enormous public attention saying their intention was to root out corruption but lastly they changed their strategy to wear political masks which emits smell of dictatorship," the state minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj