Team Anna`s intentions not clear: Azam Khan
Rampur: The decision of Team Anna to enter the political fray smacks of an "undeclared goal" to take the country towards dictatorship, senior Samajwadi Party leader Mohammad Azam Khan on Sunday alleged.
"Hazare should clarify that which system of governance will be adopted if they got an opportunity to rule," Azam said.
"It became clear in the beginning that Anna and his team would enter politics as they targeted ministers and parliamentarians" he told reporters here yesterday.
In a veiled comparison with Adolf Hitler, Azam said, "Hitler, who grabbed the power in a democratic way, soon transformed himself into a symbol of tyranny and cruelty."
"Anna and his team mates first got enormous public attention saying their intention was to root out corruption but lastly they changed their strategy to wear political masks which emits smell of dictatorship," the state minister said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145