Team Kejriwal reaches out to UP honour killing victim`s wife
A delegation from activist Arvind Kejriwal`s newly-floated Aam Admi Party on Thursday met Mehwish, wife of Abdul Hakim who was shot dead here in an alleged case of honour killing.
The 10-member team, led by party member Sanjay Singh, expressed disappointment over "collapse" of law and order machinery in the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh accused the police of trying to cover up such incidents by not properly pursuing the cases, thus helping offenders to get off the hook.
Assuring every possible assistance to Mehwish, he said the team will put pressure on the state and Central governments to ensure that Hakim`s widow gets justice.
Mehwish and Hakim had appeared in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan`s show Satyamev Jayate, where the couple had spoken about the threat to them from her family members for getting married against their wishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users