Team Kejriwal reaches out to UP honour killing victim`s wife
A delegation from activist Arvind Kejriwal`s newly-floated Aam Admi Party on Thursday met Mehwish, wife of Abdul Hakim who was shot dead here in an alleged case of honour killing.
The 10-member team, led by party member Sanjay Singh, expressed disappointment over "collapse" of law and order machinery in the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh accused the police of trying to cover up such incidents by not properly pursuing the cases, thus helping offenders to get off the hook.
Assuring every possible assistance to Mehwish, he said the team will put pressure on the state and Central governments to ensure that Hakim`s widow gets justice.
Mehwish and Hakim had appeared in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan`s show Satyamev Jayate, where the couple had spoken about the threat to them from her family members for getting married against their wishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon