Team Kejriwal reaches out to UP honour killing victim`s wife
A delegation from activist Arvind Kejriwal`s newly-floated Aam Admi Party on Thursday met Mehwish, wife of Abdul Hakim who was shot dead here in an alleged case of honour killing.
The 10-member team, led by party member Sanjay Singh, expressed disappointment over "collapse" of law and order machinery in the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh accused the police of trying to cover up such incidents by not properly pursuing the cases, thus helping offenders to get off the hook.
Assuring every possible assistance to Mehwish, he said the team will put pressure on the state and Central governments to ensure that Hakim`s widow gets justice.
Mehwish and Hakim had appeared in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan`s show Satyamev Jayate, where the couple had spoken about the threat to them from her family members for getting married against their wishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Twists and turns: Possible theories about Sheena Bora's murder
- DNA: With new facts emerging, Sheena Bora's murder mystery further deepens
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past