Team Kejriwal reaches out to UP honour killing victim`s wife
A delegation from activist Arvind Kejriwal`s newly-floated Aam Admi Party on Thursday met Mehwish, wife of Abdul Hakim who was shot dead here in an alleged case of honour killing.
The 10-member team, led by party member Sanjay Singh, expressed disappointment over "collapse" of law and order machinery in the country, particularly in Uttar Pradesh.
Singh accused the police of trying to cover up such incidents by not properly pursuing the cases, thus helping offenders to get off the hook.
Assuring every possible assistance to Mehwish, he said the team will put pressure on the state and Central governments to ensure that Hakim`s widow gets justice.
Mehwish and Hakim had appeared in Bollywood actor Aamir Khan`s show Satyamev Jayate, where the couple had spoken about the threat to them from her family members for getting married against their wishes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement