Tech student found dead inside hostel room in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: An 18-year-old student of an engineering college was found hanging inside his hostel room in Vijay Nagar area here.
The body of Narender Pratap Singh was found hanging from the ceiling fan inside his hostel room by hostel warden Mohit Kumar.
"When Kumar was checking all hostel rooms last night, he found Narender`s room locked from inside. He knocked at the door, but there was no response. After that, he called police which demolished the room`s wall and found him hanging from the ceiling fan at around 12.30 AM," said a senior police officer.
No suicide note was found from the spot.
Singh, a native of Agra district, was in the first year of his B.Tech programme which he was pursuing from ABES Engineering College. He was living in the hostel of a leading private school here.He took admission in college one month ago.
Police have recovered a mobile phone from his body which had 28 missed calls. Police are now gathering details about these missed calls.
"Narender`s friends told us that since he took admission, he seemed to be upset. We are not ruling out the possibility of Narender taking such extreme step due to a failed love affair. We have informed his family members about the incident," the police said.
Police are also interrogating Narender?s friends and hostel management to get some leads in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog