Tech student found dead inside hostel room in Ghaziabad
Ghaziabad: An 18-year-old student of an engineering college was found hanging inside his hostel room in Vijay Nagar area here.
The body of Narender Pratap Singh was found hanging from the ceiling fan inside his hostel room by hostel warden Mohit Kumar.
"When Kumar was checking all hostel rooms last night, he found Narender`s room locked from inside. He knocked at the door, but there was no response. After that, he called police which demolished the room`s wall and found him hanging from the ceiling fan at around 12.30 AM," said a senior police officer.
No suicide note was found from the spot.
Singh, a native of Agra district, was in the first year of his B.Tech programme which he was pursuing from ABES Engineering College. He was living in the hostel of a leading private school here.He took admission in college one month ago.
Police have recovered a mobile phone from his body which had 28 missed calls. Police are now gathering details about these missed calls.
"Narender`s friends told us that since he took admission, he seemed to be upset. We are not ruling out the possibility of Narender taking such extreme step due to a failed love affair. We have informed his family members about the incident," the police said.
Police are also interrogating Narender?s friends and hostel management to get some leads in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena