Teenage girl commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: Depressed over being lonely, a
13-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at Hanmunt Vihar in Nobasta area here, police said.
Sapna hanged herself yesterday after her father left for his office, they said.
In her suicide note, the victim said that she took the extreme step as her mother and brother were living in a village and she was feeling lonely, police said.
The family of the victim recently went to their native village on the occasion of Holi. The girl came back to her house in the city with her father but her mother and brother did not return.
Meanwhile, police has registered a case and is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf