Teenage girl commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: Depressed over being lonely, a
13-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at Hanmunt Vihar in Nobasta area here, police said.
Sapna hanged herself yesterday after her father left for his office, they said.
In her suicide note, the victim said that she took the extreme step as her mother and brother were living in a village and she was feeling lonely, police said.
The family of the victim recently went to their native village on the occasion of Holi. The girl came back to her house in the city with her father but her mother and brother did not return.
Meanwhile, police has registered a case and is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack