Teenage girl commits suicide in Kanpur
Kanpur: Depressed over being lonely, a
13-year-old girl allegedly committed suicide by hanging herself at Hanmunt Vihar in Nobasta area here, police said.
Sapna hanged herself yesterday after her father left for his office, they said.
In her suicide note, the victim said that she took the extreme step as her mother and brother were living in a village and she was feeling lonely, police said.
The family of the victim recently went to their native village on the occasion of Holi. The girl came back to her house in the city with her father but her mother and brother did not return.
Meanwhile, police has registered a case and is investigating the matter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj