Teenager beaten to death
Bareilly: A teenager was beaten to death and another seriously injured allegedly by a former village head and his family on the suspicion that they helped a youth entice his daughter in Aonla area.
Police said on Tuesday that Rajneesh (18) and Satyendra (13) were tied to a tree and beaten up with a hunter by former village head Preetpal and his sons in Bajheda area on Monday.
Rajneesh and Satyendra were seriously injured and were rushed to a hospital where former was declared dead, police said.
Senior Superintendent of Police S Gupta said Preetpal`s daughter Rajni had left home a few days back and he suspected that Rajneesh and Satyendra had helped another youth in enticing her.
An FIR has been lodged against four persons in this connection, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Aamir Khan's '3 Idiots' sequel on the cards? Here's what Rajkumar Hirani has to say!
- 'Nirbhaya' gang-rape: Convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail, admitted to hospital
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors